ConnectGEN is seeking an experienced professional to lead power origination, structuring, and marketing efforts for its wind, solar and storage portfolio. The compensation package for this full-time position includes a competitive salary and health benefits.
- Identify and establish relationships with customers in the wholesale and bilateral power markets
- Negotiate and execute long-term power purchase agreements with IOUs, coops, municipal utilities, commercial& industrial and other customers that enable the successful development of wind, solar and storage projects
- Lead and prepare high-quality proposals in response to requests for proposals and all marketing presentations to support origination efforts.
- Develop innovative structures, products, and strategy for our customers
- Stay current on policies, competitive pricing, trends, and economics of all U.S. power markets
- Effectively communicate to company stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, of the value, key terms and economics of potential structures and transactions.
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Results oriented leader with the ability to interact in a professional and collegial manner with cross-functional teams
- Significant and proven experience as a power originator
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to cultivate business and personal relationships with customers
- Deep network of contacts within the U.S. power utility and corporate and industrial markets
- Track record of structuring, preparing, negotiating and securing power purchase agreements for renewable energy projects with utilities and corporates and industrials
- Demonstrated knowledge of power markets, strong analytical skills and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in identifying and marketing to potential customers
- Willing to travel including overnight travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in power origination; preferably renewable power origination.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com