ConnectGen LLC is looking for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will perform a variety of duties such as maintaining the general ledger, improving accounting processes, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts. This role will report to the Controller and work in the Finance & Accounting department.
- Track invoices for assigned project entities and ensure invoices have all necessary approvals and are timely approved for payment; resolve any issues related to invoices with the project development managers
- Set up new purchase order requests and vendors for assigned project entities
- Prepare monthly expense accruals for the various projects and independently review the expense accruals with the appropriate project development managers
- Work closely with each project development manager to understanding actual budgeted cost activity while demonstrating independent judgement and problem-solving abilities
- Record all monthly journal entries in the accounting system for the various projects
- Perform general accounting month end and quarter close activities, including preparing supporting workpapers in a clear and concise manner
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assist in the administration function of corporate reporting tools, including the invoice approval and payment application
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts and analyze and investigate variances
- Work with various departments to resolve issues and participate in various ad hoc projects
- Other duties:
- Assist in the coordination of the external audit procedures
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal controls
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and display excellent organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 2-5 years of professional working experience
- Renewable Energy project accounting and tax equity accounting a plus
- CPA and public accounting experience a plus
- Previous experience with Sage Intacct a plus, but not required
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org