ConnectGEN is looking for a Project Developer/Project Development Manager to support the development of utility-scale wind, solar, and energy storage projects across the U.S. This position will lead the efforts to bring projects from inception to fruition that will be instrumental in bringing renewable energy to the market. This position will report to the VP, Development and support the Company’s Eastern region projects.
- Identify new greenfield renewable energy and energy storage project opportunities
- Advance the development of assigned projects to construction-ready status
- Manage and coordinate with internal and external resources to achieve land acquisition, permitting, interconnection/transmission, and other project development milestones, with accountability for budget and schedule
- Create and maintain project maps, databases and tracking tools for assigned projects
- Support commercial and power marketing efforts for assigned projects
- Perform regional market and competitive analysis as requested
- Establish and maintain industry and community relationships to advance project development
- Support due diligence on project acquisition opportunities as requested
- Provide development support through engineering, procurement, construction, and financing as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Keen, demonstrated interest in energy storage and renewable energy
- Comfort with ambiguity and building a new key organizational initiative from the ground up
- Ability to work in a project-driven environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to effectively manage contractors and consultants to achieve deadlines on budget
- Ability to travel 50% to project sites as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated 3-5 years success developing renewable energy projects; may consider someone with 1 – 2 years of direct development experience at a more junior level
- Previous development experience in PJM, MISO, NYISO and ISO-NE a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org