ConnectGen is seeking a Manager/Sr. Manager, Strategic Procurement to join our dynamic and growing team. This position is responsible for managing the purchasing process for major capital equipment and construction services for renewable energy and energy storage projects, including wind turbine equipment, photovoltaic modules, battery energy storage systems, EPC/BOP, and transformers. This role reports to the Vice President, Engineering, Procurement & Construction and is part of ConnectGen’s EPC group. May consider someone for a Sr. Manager-level role with 5+ years of direct experience.
- Develop and implement competitive bid processes for major equipment and construction services for utility-scale renewable energy and energy storage projects
- Assist the Vice President, EPC with the development of contracting strategies and processes that result in the best value for the Company
- Manage relationships with vendors including but not limited to identifying new market entrants, supplier qualification, technical proposal review, and commercial and contractual negotiations
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders from engineering, construction, finance, legal, and development to drive the evaluation of supplier proposals
- Implement and manage inspection and monitoring programs for all major equipment procurements through engagement of third-party providers of QA/QC services
- Manage contract award review, analysis, and presentation of recommendations to executive leadership
- Build tools to benchmark and model various technologies based on multiple performance attributes, to inform cost estimation, financial modeling, and technical selection for projects
- Track the global and U.S. wind, solar and energy storage markets, monitor technological advances in the industry, and own forward cost curves
- Participate in the engineering, design, and construction review process for projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to perform technical analysis and synthesize results for non-technical audiences
- Ability to perform contract analysis and basic economic analysis
- Ability to review and synthesize technical designs, reports, documentation, and data from vendors
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with occasional tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related technical discipline strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible technical, engineering, construction management, or heavy industry procurement experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience to be considered for a Senior Manager-level role
- Experience in the wind or solar industry preferred
- Proven skills in procurement, negotiation, basic accounting, and contract analysis
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $17 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org