ConnectGen is seeking a Manager/Sr. Manager, Transmission to lead the analysis and evaluation of the economic performance of renewable development projects throughout the US. This position will utilize production cost modeling software to provide RTO/ISO market insights, price forecasts, basis and curtailment risk, and PPA cash flow evaluations to support internal growth strategies. This position will report to the Director, Transmission under the Transmission & Interconnection department.
- Analyzing market, historical, and fundamental data, drawing inferences and presenting results in a clear and understandable format to internal stakeholders
- Provide RTO/ISO market insights, price forecasts, basis and curtailment risk, and PPA cash flow evaluations to support internal growth strategies
- Assist the Development team in prospecting of future projects with LMP and capacity market evaluations
- Support multiple ad hoc projects inclusive of those above, completing them in a timely manner
- Experience developing & operating production cost and capacity expansion modeling software: ProMOD (preferred), Gridview, PLEXOS, , Aurora, GE MAPS, UPLAN, or Dayzer, etc
- Working knowledge and understanding of the NYISO, PJM, MISO, and CAISO markets
- High motivation and passion to help create and efficiently deliver renewable energy projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present results and findings to internal executives
- Experience managing large SQL databases
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment with attention to detail
- Experience in Python or an equivalent language is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in engineering, mathematics, physics or a related quantitative field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in production cost modeling software
- Familiarity with Powerworld and/or PSSE is a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $18 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com