ConnectGen is seeking a Manager, Construction to lead the execution of assigned solar and energy storage projects in New York, from development handoff through commercial operations. This role is responsible for coordinating and managing all engineering and construction vendors engaged by the Company, as well as a site-based project team, to perform all activities required to deliver projects to commercial operations in compliance with safety, environmental, schedule, and budget requirements. This position will report to the Director, Construction under the EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) department.
- Construction project management, and contract management of all project-related matters, to ensure the project is constructed safely and with high quality, on time, within budget, and meeting all requirements
- Ensure project compliance with the Company’s health and safety, and quality and environmental protocols and requirements
- Support the pre-construction and procurement team in RFP processes
- Collaboration with engineering, pre-construction, and development resources to ensure that the construction of a project is compliant with all approved designs, and all applicable standards, regulations, and permit requirements
- Management of the timely review and approval of all submittals
- Regular reporting of project costs and schedule, and management and mitigation of variances
- Management of interface with interconnecting utility, and ownership of relationships with all external stakeholders through construction process, including landowners, local community leaders and organizations, union and labor organizations, governmental agencies, and Independent Engineer
- Leadership of monthly project meetings with contractors, review of contractor and vendor billings, and management of change order requests
- Participation in the contracting process with BOP/EPC contractors and key equipment suppliers
- Management of a seamless transition from construction, through commissioning and commercial operation, to hand-over to asset management/operations team
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of construction site safety, particularly with respect to energized electrical equipment
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and concepts
- Strong inter-disciplinary communication skills, and ability to lead a small team, particularly in remote-working situations
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project (and additional experience with PrimaVera is preferred)
- High motivation and passion to help create and efficiently deliver renewable energy projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel within North America by land or air, sometimes on short notice, and to visit prospective and active job sites (approximately 50% travel required)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction science, or a related field, or an equivalent blend of relevant professional training and experience
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in in construction, with demonstrable experience in and knowledge of key practices and principles underpinning the construction of renewable energy projects
- Proven experience in deploying utility-scale wind is a plus
- Familiarity with low, medium, and high voltage equipment operation and installation, and with SCADA systems, is a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org