ConnectGen is looking for a Manager, Land Records to join our growing and dynamic team in the Houston, Texas office. This role is responsible for managing the administration of ConnectGen’s real estate agreements and related legal instruments and documents. This includes managing the Company’s land agreement database and hard copy records; developing and maintaining highly effective land agreement maintenance processes; and coordinating with other groups to address issues that arise in connection with land agreement maintenance and administration. This full-time role reports to the Sr. Counsel, Real Estate in ConnectGen’s Legal group.
- Function as the primary point of contact for maintenance and administration of all real estate-related agreements, including leases, easements, and right-of-way
- Develop and maintain processes for management and administration of real estate agreements in collaboration with other subject matter experts and functional areas within the company and support the roll out such processes to the organization
- Receive, review and analyze all land agreements, upload such agreements and populate necessary project and agreement data in the land agreement management system (geoAMPS) and liaise with the Project Development, Legal, and Accounting teams to ensure terms and conditions and obligations are properly captured
- Coordinate with Development, Legal, and Accounting teams to address issues that arise in connection with real estate agreements and related documentation
- Update and ensure accuracy on an ongoing basis of land agreements and related documentation and data in the geoAMPS system
- Perform and support quality assurance / quality control efforts with respect to real estate agreements and related documentation and data in the geoAMPS system
- File and maintain the filing system for real estate agreement hard copies
- Coordinate and manage recordation of memoranda of agreements (if and as appropriate) with local agencies, ensuring compliance with any applicable legal requirements and update and maintain records reflecting such recordations
- Coordinate with the Development and Accounting teams to ensure payment obligations are properly processed, including form transmittals, check requests, and other associated contracts
- Develop and generate pertinent reports as needed (e.g., upcoming payment obligations for verification, agreements expiring, etc.)
- Very strong organization and recordkeeping skills
- High level of attention to detail
- High degree of comfort with web-based tools and technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to participate in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of direct experience working with land agreement databases, with experience with GeoAMPS a plus
- Renewable industry knowledge preferred, though experience in land and real estate in the oil and gas industry also valued
- Certified Professional Landman (CPL) preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but may substitute direct experience for degree
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $18 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org