ConnectGen is seeking a Manager, Land Acquisition, to join our dynamic and growing team. This role will be responsible for providing exemplary land services to the organization from project inception through financing and construction. This includes collaborating with project developers to design and implement land acquisition campaigns to achieve project development goals; developing, negotiating and executing required land and land-related agreements; and providing due diligence, title curative, and other support to Legal and Finance teams to close project financings. This is a hybrid/remote role that requires routine travel to project sites as well as occasional travel to the Houston office to maintain connectivity with the broader team. This role is part of ConnectGen’s Development group and reports to the Vice President, Development-East.
- Work closely with project developers to design and implement campaigns to achieve real estate acquisition targets for assigned projects, on budget and on schedule
- Provide exemplary land services for assigned projects, including identifying landowners within prospective sites, initiating contact and meeting with individual landowners, and negotiating real estate contracts with landowners and landowner attorneys
- Identify and manage contract land resources, and ensure performance and behavior consistent with company approach and values
- Represent the company as required in community and other stakeholder meetings to advance land acquisition and project development goals, and maintain positive relationships with landowners and stakeholders throughout the project development process
- Collaborate with project developers in connection with negotiation of land leases, land purchases, collection and transmission line easements, access roads easements, title curative instruments and crossing agreements, including the development of negotiated terms and conditions, working in collaboration with internal and external real estate counsel as needed
- Provide training and coaching to project developers and other team members as required on land acquisition and negotiation techniques
- Own and ensure compliance with the company’s land acquisition policies and procedures
- Work with project developers to ensure all project land documentation is organized and maintained to support financing
- Prepare periodic reports to project teams and management on land acquisition status of assigned projects
- Provide due diligence and other support to Legal and Finance teams to close project financings
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven exceptional land acquisition and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of real estate contract forms
- High attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Experience developing and presenting fact-based recommendations to management
- Self-starter with ability to interact professionally and collegially with cross-functional internal teams
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel significantly (35+%) to project sites and to Houston office (if not based in Houston)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5-7 years of land acquisition experience, with renewable energy land acquisition experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing contract land resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Marketing, or related field preferred; a combination of equivalent training and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is a subsidiary of 547 Energy, Quantum Energy Partners’ clean energy platform company. Quantum Energy Partners is a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry having managed together with its affiliates more than $17 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure. Join us!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org