ConnectGen is seeking an Environmental Permitting Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. The Environmental Permitting Manager plays a key role in providing development support and oversight of specialized environmental planning and permitting for large-scale renewable generation and storage projects.
- Manage technical and environmental consultants including scoping, directing and reviewing work products; conducting and overseeing environmental due diligence efforts.
- Effectively discussing, summarizing, interpreting and implementing environmental policies and regulations for company management, legal staff, the general public, and other stakeholders.
- Obtain environmental-related approvals, licenses and permits.
- Facilitate/lead meetings with a variety of parties including contactors, third parties, regulatory agency staff, consultants and ConnectGen staff for a range of environmental and development issues.
- Assist the company with documenting federal, state and local environmental compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- A proven track record of experience in providing permitting support for industrial scale energy projects (i.e., wind, solar, transmission, pipelines), renewable experience preferred;
- U.S. experience working with Federal agencies, tribal governments, state agencies, eNGOs;
- Direct experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Impact Statements (EIS); state-level environmental quality act reviews or state-level energy regulatory proceedings, as well as post-permitting compliance and implementation;
- Relevant experience assessing potential environmental issues, including land use, natural and cultural resources, visual, noise, etc.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Working familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines, related to permitting the construction and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Some travel required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree in science, planning or a closely related technical field.
- 5-10 years of experience in related environmental management.
- Technical understanding of environmental issues related to industrial development and permitting, including but not limited to land use/zoning, biological, aquatic, cultural, noise, visual, socioeconomic;
- Demonstrated experience in industrial-scale project planning
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org