ConnectGen is seeking an environmental professional to provide development support and management of environmental and regulatory permitting for large-scale renewable generation and storage projects across the U.S. This position reports to and works closely with the Director, Environmental Affairs to achieve ConnectGen’s project and corporate environmental compliance goals.
- Manage technical and environmental consultants including scoping, directing and reviewing work products
- Conduct and/or oversee environmental due diligence efforts to support project development
- Perform schedule and budget exercises, and track project performance toward meeting established goals
- Effectively interpret, summarize, discuss and implement environmental policies and regulations
- Facilitate/lead meetings with a variety of parties including contactors, third parties, regulatory agency staff, consultants and ConnectGen staff for a range of environmental and development issues
- Assist the company with documenting federal, state and local environmental compliance, during construction, operation, and decommissioning
- Obtain environmental and regulatory approvals, licenses and permits
- Other duties as assigned
- A proven track record of experience in providing permitting support for industrial scale energy projects (i.e., renewable generation, transmission, pipelines), wind and solar generation experience preferred
- U.S. experience working with Federal agencies, tribal governments, state agencies, eNGOs, and other land use planning or zoning entities
- Direct experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance reviews, state-level environmental quality act reviews and state-level energy regulatory proceedings, local zoning authorizations, as well as post-permitting compliance and implementation
- Working familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines, related to permitting the construction and operation of renewable energy projects
- Relevant experience assessing potential environmental issues, including but not limited to land use, natural and cultural resources, visual, and noise
- Working knowledge of geospatial analyses and land use planning analysis; Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree in science, planning or a closely related technical field
- 5-10 years of experience performing environmental management and/or permitting services
- Technical understanding of environmental issues related to industrial development and permitting, including but not limited to land use/zoning, biological, aquatic, cultural, noise, visual, and socioeconomic considerations
- Demonstrated experience supporting development, construction, or operation of renewable generation or comparable industrial-scale projects preferred
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com