ConnectGen is seeking a Manager, Development Engineering to manage and provide engineering and technical services for the Company’s wind, solar and energy storage projects, with a focus on development-stage projects. This role reports to the Director, Engineering & Transmission, and is part of ConnectGen’s Engineering, Procurement and Construction group.
- Manage the provision of engineering and technical deliverables for assigned projects, including but not limited to preliminary site layouts, energy production estimates, and engineering required to support permitting and interconnection
- Review and comment on engineering and technical deliverables including drawings, designs, reports, data, etc.
- Work with the Pre-Construction team to develop specifications for major equipment/contractor procurement and provide technical support through the procurement process
- Serve as a general technical resource for project development team, developing solutions to technical challenges that arise during project development
- Effectively manage third party engineering and technical contractors to meet safety, budget, and schedule goals
- Provide engineering and technical support to the construction and operations teams as required
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Strong technical expertise and ability to provide sound technical guidance
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical issues effectively to lay audiences
- Ability to effectively manage contractors and consultants to achieve deadlines on budget
- Ability to review technical designs, reports and documentation, and provide analysis
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time to project sites as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (or equivalent) preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in renewable energy
- Experience managing contractors and consultants
- Experience in engineering and/or construction of renewable energy facilities a plus
- Experience working with suppliers of major equipment a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org