ConnectGen is seeking a GIS Analyst/Associate to join our dynamic, growing team and support the project development teams and existing GIS personnel in the screening, selection and development of wind, solar and storage projects in the U.S.
- Updating and managing internal GIS resources
- Providing cartographic support to development teams
- Performing GIS-based analysis to support development team activities
- Provide quality assurance for geospatial data issues
- Develop mapping products to facilitate information exchange
- Working closely with project development leads to communicate difficult technical issues to various audiences
- Working knowledge with ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 or higher, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with geodatabase formats, understanding of geodatabase tables
- Strong understanding of cartographic principles
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical issues effectively
- Basic understanding of property Legal Descriptions, Coordinate Geometries, and the Public Land Survey System (PLSS)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant coursework to support utilization of GIS in a professional setting
- 0-3 Years professional experience working with GIS or geospatial technologies
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com