ConnectGen is seeking an Energy Storage Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team. The Energy Storage Engineer is responsible for the technical aspects of the development of ConnectGen’s utility-scale standalone storage projects and the storage component of renewable (PV/wind) plus storage projects. This role reports to the Director, Engineering & Transmission and is part of ConnectGen’s EPC group.
- Provide technical deliverables to support the development of energy storage projects, including
- Preliminary system design and optimization given desired application/use case, including storage technology selection, capacity and duration sizing, and augmentation strategy
- Degradation and augmentation modeling
- Conceptual project site layouts
- Technical input to project schedules
- Project cost estimates, including upfront capex and long-term opex
- Preliminary engineering to support permitting, interconnection and procurement
- Serve as technical resource for project development team, developing solutions and handling technical challenges that arise during various phases of the project
- Develop specifications for storage equipment and contractors, and provide technical support to procurement of equipment and contractors
- Evaluate technologies and manufacturers for capital and operational efficiencies. Research equipment forward price curves and emerging technologies
- Monitor relevant industry, federal, state, and local standards relating to storage system deployment, including building and fire codes, UL, IEC, etc.
- Develop innovative tools and approaches to optimize levelized cost of storage
- Support due diligence of project acquisitions upon request
- Other duties as assigned
- Keen, demonstrated interest in energy storage and renewable energy
- Strong technical expertise and ability to provide sound technical guidance
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical issues effectively to lay audiences
- Ability to effectively manage contractors and consultants to achieve deadlines on budget
- Ability to review technical designs, reports and documentation, and provide analysis
- Ability to travel to project sites as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (or equivalent) preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in renewable energy, or related field
- Experience in battery-based energy storage design is required
- Strong knowledge of solar PV technology and design principles is a plus
- Experience managing contractors and consultants
- Experience in engineering and/or construction of energy storage facilities a plus
- Experience working with suppliers of major equipment a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org