ConnectGen is seeking a Document Administrator, to join the Legal team. The Document Administrator will be responsible for uploading documents to the SharePoint document management system, reviewing documents to identify basic metadata for “tagging” within SharePoint, assisting employees with requests for assistance and help finding documents, maintaining inventory of closing documents, and performing routine document management and retention duties. The Document Administrator will work with various departments throughout the Company to ensure compliance with Company’s document management policies and procedures. The Document Administrator will report to the General Counsel.
- Upon receipt of documentation from various departments, ensure authorized signatories signed the document; follow up with commercial team to obtain countersigned documents from counterparties, as needed.
- Review documents and identify basic metadata, input same into SharePoint at the time document is uploaded. Ensure consistency in document storage locations and metadata, consistent with Company document management policies and procedures.
- Review existing documents and update folder locations and metadata where not specified or not in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Keep track of versions of and amendments to documents and ensure current documents are uploaded to the SharePoint database and clearly indicated.
- Collect and organize hard copy original documents, as applicable.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain inventory of closing documents, as applicable.
- Liaise with external counsel to obtain closing documents, as applicable.
- Assist with closing activities and documentation, including management of signature pages, as applicable
- Special projects as required, including potential implementation of document retention program and contract obligation management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of personnel, both within the Company and outside firms.
- Ability to handle several requests and receipt of documents in various forms from various sources at the same time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter. Ability to keep themselves busy and initiate projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and identify basic information in commercial and legal documents.
- Ability to understand legal terminology and legal entity organization
- Ability to multitask.
- Good organizational, planning and implementation skills, including the ability to coordinate and work in a team environment.
Education and Experience
- BA degree or equivalent education.
- Possess three to five years (or more) of document administration/management experience in a corporate or law firm environment.
- Familiarity with various forms of complex business agreements, ability to read and identify key information from same.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and SharePoint
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure. Join us!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org