ConnectGen is seeking an experienced energy marketing professional to drive the origination of offtake agreements for our 10+ GW pipeline of utility-scale wind, solar and battery storage projects in the Western U.S. This role reports to the Vice President, Origination. This is a hybrid position, with Houston location encouraged but not required. Remote candidates should expect to travel to Houston on a regular basis to maintain connectivity to the broader team, in addition to other job-related travel.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Origination in a heavily client-facing role to originate, manage, negotiate, and execute power purchase agreements (PPAs) and other offtake agreements, with a focus on the western U.S.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with potential customers, including utilities, municipals, cooperatives, corporate and industrial buyers, retail aggregators and other wholesale customers.
- Help lead the origination process from start to finish including responding to RFPs and/or engaging in bilateral discussions, contract negotiations, and internal approval processes.
- Develop unique and innovative offtake structures in response to customer needs, and effectively communicate such structures in a clear and cohesive manner both internally and externally.
- Work with Transmission team to develop transmission solutions to deliver renewable products to customers.
- Track regional market dynamics and provide regular feedback to the Development team about new opportunities and locations for project development.
- Create marketing material to support origination efforts.
- Perform regional market and competitive analysis as requested.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience structuring, preparing, negotiating, and securing PPAs for renewable energy.
- Strong knowledge of power markets, robust analytical skills, and high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated network of contacts with Western U.S. utility, muni/coop, and non-utility customers (e.g., C&I, retailers)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to identify and market to potential customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to cultivate business and personal relationships with customers.
- Ability to interact professionally and collegially with cross-functional internal teams.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel significantly (35+%) to visit customers, attend and speak at conferences and other industry events, or other travel to support origination and/or other company goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years direct energy marketing experience in the Western U.S.
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $18 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure. Join us!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org