ConnectGen is looking for a Director, Finance & Strategy to lead the Company’s project finance/tax equity transactions as well as project valuation/financial modeling efforts. The Director position is both a hands-on and leadership role encompassing a broad set of responsibilities including negotiation of commercial documents, including financial and credit aspects of a Power Purchase Agreement (PPAs) and equipment supply contracts project debt and tax equity term sheets, definitive financing documents, and tax equity agreements. The Director provides oversight and review financial models, and performs modeling when necessary, to support the development of renewable energy and storage projects located in select markets in the US. A key element of this role is leadership, talent development and engagement of direct reports. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) within the Company’s Finance team.
- Company’s subject matter expert on project finance transactional activities, including understanding and negotiating tax equity agreements, end-to-end management of financing transactions, the financial and credit aspects of a PPA, term sheets, and other financial documents
- Mentor, manage, and develop junior-level personnel. Provide support to talent development of team members
- Independently build and manage relationships with bankers, insurance brokers, engineers, and other external relationships to ensure access to capital and 100% success of third-party financing efforts.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through analysis of finance processes, recommend and lead implementation of improvements
- Provide oversight, review, and feedback of financial models including review of capital expenditures, operating costs, energy price curves, , wind/solar production, and battery dispatch models for ConnectGen’s development projects.
- Perform and oversee financial analysis using advanced modeling for ConnectGen’s renewable energy development projects
- Provide recommendations to Origination team’s marketing of projects under development based on analysis of project inputs.
- Develop keen understanding of public and proprietary datasets to draw conclusions about energy markets, renewable energy demand and renewable resources and make recommendations to senior leadership team on trends
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (internally and externally) and solicit feedback to ensure needs are met
- Demonstrated experience leading renewable energy finance transactions, including tax equity
- Proven ability to lead and develop a high performance, highly engaged team
- Strong understanding of project level economics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills
- Demonstrated ability and to tackle challenging problems with quantitative methods
- Excellent research skills and drive to learn independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- 7+ years of relevant working experience
- Minimum of 2 years leading a team
- Previous renewable energy finance experience required
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure. Join us!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com