ConnectGen is looking for an Associate in Finance & Strategy to conduct analyses and create financial models to support the development of renewable energy and storage projects located in select markets in the US. The compensation package for this full-time position includes a competitive salary and health benefits.
- Build and present financial, energy market, wind/solar production, and battery dispatch models for ConnectGen’s development projects.
- Perform financial analysis using advanced modeling for ConnectGen’s renewable energy development projects
- Create pricing models based on capital expenditure, operating costs, energy curves, required return metrics, and other relevant inputs to support the Origination team’s marketing of projects under development.
- Design and employ solid methods, ensure accurate inputs and review model outputs to produce relevant and meaningful results
- Analyze public and proprietary datasets to draw conclusions about energy markets, renewable energy demand and renewable resources
- Assist with market research and commercial efforts as needed
- Present the results through marketing presentations and memos.
- Perform financial analysis and assist in the evaluation of potential project M&A opportunities.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills
- Energy industry experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability and desire to tackle challenging problems with quantitative methods
- Excellent research skills and drive to learn independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming language a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field like Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Finance/Computational Finance
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant working experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com