ConnectGen is seeking an Associate, Development Engineering & Pre-Construction, to join the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) team. This person will be responsible for provide engineering and technical services to the Company’s wind energy projects, with an initial focus on the late-stage development through pre-construction phase. This role will report to the Manager, Pre-Construction.
- Collaborate with EPC team on engineering and technical deliverables for assigned wind energy projects, including but not limited to:
- Project site designs/layouts
- Technical input to project schedules
- Project cost estimates
- Preliminary engineering to support permitting, interconnection and procurement
- Site visits and constructability reports
- Working closely with project team on project schedules, project budget, stakeholder communication, constructability reviews, risk management, and change management of assigned projects
- Review and comment on engineering and technical deliverables including drawings, designs, reports, data, etc.
- Involved with the specifications for major equipment/contractor procurement and provide technical support through the procurement process
- Serve as a general technical resource for project development team, and being a key member of solutions to technical challenges that arise during project development
- Effectively communicate with third party engineering and technical contractors to meet safety, budget, and schedule goals
- Provide engineering and technical support to the construction and operations teams as required
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy with a focus on wind energy
- Strong technical expertise and ability to provide sound technical guidance
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical issues effectively to lay audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate with contractors and consultants to achieve deadlines on schedule and budget
- Ability to review technical designs, reports and documentation, and provide analysis
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time to project sites as required
- Highly organized with a strong ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of a project using the available resources
- Ability to manage and problem-solve complex technical and commercial issues
- Approach problems using a logical, systematic and sequential approach
- Ability to utilize imaginative and innovative approaches to resolve challenges and address potential risks
- Familiar with use of Microsoft Office suite programs
- Familiar with use of Google Earth and/or GIS software
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (or equivalent) preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in renewable energy
- Experience working with contractors and consultants
- Experience in engineering and/or construction of wind energy facilities a plus
- Experience as a field engineer on wind energy facilities a plus
- Experience working with suppliers of major equipment a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure. Join us!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com