ConnectGen is seeking an Analyst, Project Controls to join our dynamic and growing team. The Project Controls Analyst is responsible for collecting, maintaining, and analyzing cost data for budget control; creating and maintaining internal project schedules for all pre-construction projects; and monitoring and reporting variances in schedules of key contractors and vendors performing the Company’s construction projects. This role reports to the Director, Construction and is part of the Company’s EPC team.
- Working closely with the EPC and Finance team to determine project objectives and contributions to a robust project plan
- Responsible for the budgeting and cost management of construction projects
- Develop and maintain a detailed cost control mechanism and system, including historical project cost databases
- Perform analytical reviews, present cost status and forecast updates to project teams
- Create standard forms of schedule for pre-construction projects in each technology, and use standard form to create and monitor a schedule for each project
- Regularly analyze, evaluate and forecast project status against proposed schedule, assessing impacts to design or construction changes to the schedule
- Build relationship with project vendors and contractors, ensuring all data inputs required to monitor budget and schedule are available and received
- Conduct project site visits to verify progress and identify any potential and critical issues that may impact project schedule
- Identify and recommend any recovery plans to project teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Detailed oriented and ability to work under multiple deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed schedules, ensure adherence to industry standards and maintain policies and procedures
- Experience in the identification, monitoring, and reporting of project risks and providing recommendations
- Cost reporting skills and techniques
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is required
- 0 – 2 years of experience, may include internships
- Key understanding of the fundamentals of critical path scheduling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 required
- Knowledge and experience in creating Excel-based databases and templates
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com