ConnectGen is seeking an Interconnection Analyst to join our dynamic and growing team. The Interconnection Analyst is responsible for managing ConnectGen’s generation interconnection queue positions.
This includes preparing and submitting interconnection requests; tracking interconnection queue activity; monitoring changes in interconnection processes and policies for applicable ISOs, RTOs and transmission providers; and supporting other interconnection and transmission related activity as required. This role reports to the Director, Business Development & Transmission and is part of ConnectGen’s Transmission group.
- Identify procedures and requirements for submitting interconnection applications for the ISOs, RTOs and transmission providers relevant to the Company’s projects
- Track and report on relevant changes in interconnection and transmission tariffs and other grid rules
- Coordinate internal and external resources to prepare interconnection applications and technical deliverables required throughout the interconnection application life cycle
- Submit interconnection applications and engage with RTOs, ISOs and transmission providers during the interconnection process to ensure prompt responses are provided to cure application deficiencies and/or other requested data or information
- Develop milestone schedules that detail application deliverables expected from the Company and from the RTO, ISO and/or transmission provider for the application life cycle
- Coordinate with project developers on deposits and other payment milestones for applications and provide instructions for arranging payments
- Track and report on the progress of interconnection applications throughout the application life cycle
- Manage the electronic digital certificates required to access RTOs, ISOs and transmission providers models, OASIS and CEII information
- Support internal power system modelling efforts by monitoring generator and transmission interconnection queues for new submissions
- Other duties as assigned
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with occasional tight deadlines and manage concurrent deliverables
- Ability to obtain approval to access Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) [see https://www.ferc.gov/enforcement-legal/ceii]
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with technical discipline preferred
- 0-2 years of professional experience, with experience in electric industry preferred
- Experience working with ISOs/RTOs/Transmission Service Providers, NERC and FERC a plus but not required
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org