ConnectGen is seeking an Analyst, Energy Assessment to join our dynamic and growing team. The Analyst, Energy Assessment is responsible for managing and performing wind and solar resource modeling activities for ConnectGen’s projects. This entry-level role reports to the Senior Manager, Engineering and is part of ConnectGen’s EPC group. More experienced candidates are welcome to apply and may be considered for an Associate/Manager level role.
- Perform energy assessments including statistical analysis of data, wind and solar resource modeling, loss evaluation, and uncertainty analyses
- Participate in the data validation and management process
- Participate in site design and layout optimization support
- Support meteorological equipment logistics and data collection
- Support the Development team in the prospecting process
- Provide analytic support for operating project assessments
- Provide analytic support for financial pro forma models
- Review energy yield assessment reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform detailed technical analysis and synthesize results
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical audiences
- Ability to review technical reports, documentation, and data and provide analysis
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with occasional tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., physics, math, engineering, meteorology, computer science) is required
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of professional, related experience
- Previous renewables experience required
- Demonstrated familiarity with statistical methods, either through professional experience or coursework
- Experience performing energy assessments is a plus but not required
- Experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience with industry tools such as PVSyst, OpenWind, Windographer, WAsP, Windfarmer, WindPRO is a plus but not required
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $17 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com