ConnectGen is seeking an Analyst/Associate, Transmission and Market Analytics to join our dynamic and growing team. This position is responsible for assisting with project development opportunities for new renewable energy and energy storage technologies across all regions using the production cost analysis and other models. This Senior analyst will report to the Director, Transmission and is part of ConnectGen’s Transmission team.
- Support the siting of greenfield renewable energy generation, energy storage, and transmission projects across the U.S. through power grid analyses
- Perform basis risk and congestion assessment using production cost models like PROMOD for renewable projects under development
- Monitor and participate in transmission and resource planning processes of various transmission providers and load serving entities across the U.S.
- Develop innovative tools and approaches to enhance review of power systems across the U.S.
- Coordinate the preparation of interconnection documentation and support the administration of interconnection positions for projects in the portfolio
- Improve data management processes, process automation, increasing the efficiency and organization of data storage
- Support due diligence of project acquisitions upon request
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform detailed technical analysis, synthesize results and automate repeatable processes
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical audiences and higher management
- Ability to review technical designs, reports, documentation, and market data to support project development efforts
- Ability to function in a team and demonstrate a strong motivation to succeed in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to obtain approval to access Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) [see https://www.ferc.gov/enforcement-legal/ceii]
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., physics, math, engineering, computer science, data science) is required
- 1-4 years of experience in economic modeling, energy market data analysis and/or powerflow analysis is preferred
- Experience with Excel and MS office Suite is required. Demonstrated competency in other modeling, statistical analysis, and/or optimization software is strongly desired, but not required
- Experience working with automation scripts such as VB, VB.net, Python, R, or other coding languages for development of automation modules is required
- Working knowledge of CAISO, MISO, SPP, NYISO and/or ERCOT markets is highly desired
- Experience working with Transmission Service Providers (including ISOs/RTOs), NERC, and FERC a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org