ConnectGen is looking for an Analyst/Associate in Finance & Strategy to conduct analyses and develop models to support the development of renewable energy and storage projects located in select markets in the US. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) within the Company’s Finance team.
- Build and present financial, energy market, wind/solar production, and battery dispatch models for ConnectGen’s development projects.
- Perform financial analysis using advanced modeling for ConnectGen’s renewable energy development projects
- Create pricing models based on capital expenditure, operating costs, energy curves, required return metrics, and other relevant inputs to support the Origination team’s marketing of projects under development.
- Design and employ solid methods, ensure accurate inputs and review model outputs to produce relevant and meaningful results
- Analyze public and proprietary datasets to draw conclusions about energy markets, renewable energy demand and renewable resources
- Assist with market research and commercial efforts as needed
- Present the results through marketing presentations and memos.
- Perform financial analysis and assist in the evaluation of potential project M&A opportunities.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills highly preferred
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming language highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability and desire to tackle challenging problems with quantitative methods
- Excellent research skills and drive to learn independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills required
- Energy industry or finance experience is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field like Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Finance/Computational Finance
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant working experience
- May consider someone with 0 – 2 years of working experience at an Analyst-level.
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $16 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGEN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences in our workplace. We believe we make better business decisions, achieve superior results, and have more fun when we receive contributions from a variety of unique voices. We seek to hire top talent for every job – we are open to applicants of any race, sex, age, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran/reservist/national guard status – and have a strong commitment to professional development and growth at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and any additional documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com